In the Name of Allah the Merciful the Beneficent
Some interesting new programs and opportunities coming up:
1. Parenting/family Conference. Mercy Mission is running a parenting/family conference titled Men are from Mecca women are from Madina. When: Friday, 2nd April: 3:00pm to 8:00pm, Saturday & Sunday, 3rd - 4th April: 10:00am to 8:00pm. Where: Copeland Theatre Complex, Commerce & Economics Building University of Melbourne, Parkville Campus. Saba Hakim, a trained facilitator of the Toolbox parenting program will be presenting on Saturday 3rd April at 10 AM and her topic is “Be your child’s coach – preparing for the teenage years” addressing issues that are relevant to parenting of children between the age of 6 and 12. FREE ENTRY. www.mercymission.org.au
2. Muslim Leadership Program For Young Muslims 2010 This Leadership Program is highly recommended. A number of Australian MADE members have undertaken the training and have come out with new skills, unforgettable experience, broader understanding of political issues, new contacts, and most importantly, new friendships. If you are between 19 and 30 years old and interested in being an active representative of your community then please consider this program. Places are limited, so make sure you apply asap. Details in attached brochure. Applications close April 26. This program is free for selected applicants.
3. City Circle: Islam In Indigenous Australia. A Presentation by Dr Pete Stevenson. "Islam in Indigenous Australia: A History of Community Survival and Self-Renewal". An increasing number of Indigenous Australians are identifying with Islam. This presentation will highlight this recent phenomenon and its historical antecedence. It will cover the existence of a religious and cultural phenomenon that goes back to pre-colonial times and, not only persists today, but enjoys a renewed vitality. When: Sunday 28th March, Starting at 11.45am(Sharp)– 1.00pm Where: Yasuko Hiraoka Myer Room, Sidney Myer Asia Centre, corner of Swanston Street and Monash Road, University of Melbourne.
4. Sheikh Jehad Ismail Lecture: Panjtan Society of Victoria is hosting Sheik Jehad to continue his series of lectures on “Issues concerning Youths in the West”(Part 2 & Part 3). When: Saturday 10th April 2010 & Saturday 17th April 2010. Lecture will start at 3:45pm (sharp) Where: 21-23 Adelaide St, St Albans.
5. Excellent Video and website for our children and youth http://1001inventions.com/media/video/library relating to the Golden Age of Islam (7 to 10 century) explaining various contributions to science and history.
6. Fantastic Quran website that allows extensive searchability of the Quran as well as a broad selection of translations and audio recitations. http://tanzil.info/
7. Weekly Arabic language learning program and Quran recitation discussion. This is a new weekly initiative starting on Thursday 1 April 7.30 PM. Numbers are very limited. Place: Doncaster East. Please email us or contact Saba Hakim on 0422408797.
8. Seeking an enthusiastic advanced Arabic teacher. Are you fluent in Arabic? Are you enthusiastic about language? Do you enjoy teaching Children? Are you good at Drama – it’s our prerequisite for teaching language to children effectively :) Do you have some free time on Saturday mornings? If the answer is yes, then please contact us, something exciting awaits you insha’allah.
If you do not wish to receive emails from us, please reply with the word unsubscribe.
With our salamz and Do’a
(Muslim Adolescent Development & Education) Inc